Pastor Deb Grismer:
Pastor Deb Grismer | Pastor Email | Office: 605-255-4552
It is with great excitement that I introduce myself to you as your pastor!
I have been asked to tell you a little bit about myself as we begin to get to know each other. I am never sure what to say when people ask that but here it goes.
- A child of God – baptized, confirmed and raised in the Lutheran Church.
- The oldest daughter of Richard and Janice Jasmer. I was raised on the family farm outside of Leola, SD. My parents are retired teachers and are still farming.
- A wife of 24 ½ years – married to Rodney Grismer who works at the federal VA Health System in Hot Springs as a police officer.
- A mother to three – Brian (Dawn) Malsam (my stepson) who lives near Roscoe, SD; Brandon Grismer who is living and working in Aberdeen, SD and Haylee Grismer who joined the US Air Force following graduation and is stationed in Germany. I guess I am also a mother to Brownie, a mixed breed dog.
- A grandmother to two beautiful granddaughters – Sydnee Malsam (7 yrs old) and Paxton Malsam (almost 2 years old).
- A 1991 graduate of Northern State University, Aberdeen, SD, where I earned a double major in Elementary and Special Education. I taught for 10 years before heading to seminary.
- A 2006 graduate of Luther Seminary, St Paul, MN where I earned a Master of Divinity. My classmates included Pastor Becky Piper and Pastor Justin Neugebauer among others.
- A former pastor of Bethlehem Lutheran Church, Aberdeen, SD. Bethlehem was my first-call congregation. I served there for eight years before resigning to move to Hot Springs in September, 2014, to join my husband.
- A have been the part-time Chaplain and part-time Adult and Aging Specialist (temporarily) at the MJF State Veteran’s Home in Hot Springs.
- A lover of God, children, the color purple, chocolate and Diet Coke as well as visiting with people and listening to their stories.
If you have questions, concerns or just want to visit, please give me a call. We can visit over the phone or set up a time to visit in person.
Thank you for inviting me to be a part of your family.
Church Administrative Assistant:
Peg Tesch | Office Email | 605-255-4552
Monday & Wednesday 9:00 am – 12:00 noon & 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
Church Council for 2015:
- Jack Corr, President
- Greg Neugebauer, Vice President
- Adare Diers, Secretary
- Marvin Bishop, Appointed Treasurer
- Emily Dirkes
- Marie Kennedy
- Butch Rudd
- Wyonne Leonard, Alternate